Disney 2016 Adventure: Part 1

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]It’s taken us some time to get this started. Partly because as soon as we got back from Disney, Mike headed back out to Arizona, then got back and headed to Ireland. We’ve been taking time sorting through pictures and Mike has been working on some movies.

Overall, this Disney trip was awesome. The kids were healthy, the weather was beautiful (maybe a little chilly at night), and the kids did an awesome job. It was so nice to not have to worry about diaper bags, strollers or NAPS!

Between Mike and I, we’re going to work on a series of posts (probably?) on our trip to Disney. We did SO MUCH, if we were to put it all out there for you to read, I’m not sure that any of you would actually have time to read it all.

Enjoy![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_text_separator title=”Getting to Disney” i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-plane” add_icon=”true”][vc_column_text]You know, living in Michigan, you never know what the weather is going to be like in winter. We planned our trip for mid-winter break so we could avoid having the kids miss much school. To our delight, the kids missed zero school thanks to a winter storm that closed school. We just happened to be driving to Detroit in probably one of the worst storms of the winter.

When we were planning our trip, Mike and I had gone back and forth on how we were going to plan on getting to Detroit to make our early morning flight. We decided on staying at a hotel near the airport. Thank goodness we did that. By the time we finally reached the hotel, it was pretty late and we needed to be up around 5am to head to the airport. It was just what we needed. We stayed at our hotel, parked in the ‘hotel parking’ lot and hopped on a shuttle to the airport. Timing was perfect. We were able to let the kids take a look at the cool tunnel at the airport and then on the plane.

The kids absolutely loved flying. I’m really glad that both Mike and I filmed the kids. Here’s the post in case you missed it.

We had finally made it to Orlando! Then, we hit probably the worst part of our trip (after the nightmarish drive to Detroit): getting to Disney from the airport. In the airport, we followed the lines to Disney’s Magical Express.

We waited in line for 45 minutes to ride this magical express, then proceeded to take about an hour bus ride to our resort. Despite the kids – shoot, all of us – being quite grumpy (hungry and tired), we had finally arrived!